East Essex Smallholders Chitchat Headline Animator

CONTACT EESG

To Contact EESG
Please Email:
Danielle.Perkins@yahoo.co.uk
or 07854595640

Thursday 19 February 2015

Does life ever drive you a little bit crazy?  The past two weeks our internet connection has been down or running at glacial speeds more than it's been up (making it very tough to work online), the cats and the kids (and possibly me) are getting a little restive as winter rambles on, and I found out something that I thought was a done deal - isn't.

Still, it's all good.  We've been blessed with no major crises for a while, I'm kicking everyone outside for more fresh air (myself included) and I will figure out how to get the thing that didn't get done, get done - eventually.  All the seed catalog orders are in and I'm getting excited for spring!  

August (husband, not son) is hunting through the nursery listings and permaculture books to decide what to add to our permanent plantings this season.  I have my fingers crossed hoping for cooperative weather this year, and our first harvest from our hazelnut bushes and some of our other trees, shrubs and brambles.  Being able to harvest some new food crop never gets old.  :-)

I hope you have a great week, and remember to keep smiling when things get a little crazy, focus on what's really important and let the rest go. 
Homestead Chickens

Getting Started with Meat Chickens

This is a guest post from my dear friend, Debra Ahrens, who has raised just about every type of domesticated poultry on the planet.  Debra is the Poultry Project leader for their local 4H group, and has mentored many people on their homestead poultry adventures.  In this post she'll cover all the basics of getting started with raising meat chickens on your homestead.  I hope you all give her a warm welcome.  
Read More
Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe

Cheesy Broccoli Soup with a Surprise Ingredient (Gluten Free)

I regularly whip together some version of homemade cream of vegetable soup, but when I put together this creamy, cheesy broccoli soup with a hint of bacon, my husband and the boys said it was one of the best I’ve ever made.
Get the Recipe
 From the Archives...
Remore Hard Water Buildup
Natural Stove Cleaners
Find us on:  Facebook    Pinterest     Google+     Youtube     Instagram
Share: Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn StumbleUpon
P.O. Box 144, Denmark, WI 54208, USA