East Essex Smallholders Chitchat Headline Animator

CONTACT EESG

To Contact EESG
Please Email:
Danielle.Perkins@yahoo.co.uk
or 07854595640

Monday 3 February 2014

A lovely little blog to follow - A Whole Plot of Love


Seedy penpal 2014

I have received a fantastic selection of seeds from my seedy penpal this year. The person who was selected to send to me this year was Wendy who has a rooftop garden. Wendy's garden contains an extensive collection of of plants & is a fascinating read.
There are a selection of seeds which Wendy collected from her own plants.Amongst the seeds Wendy sent there are some Blue Agapanthus. I have never grown these before but had read about. I have great plans for these. They will eventually be placed in some terracotta pots to flank the French doors. Some field poppy's collected from France which I will scatter in front of my new hedge. Some pink hollyhocks which I am looking forward to growing, they will fit in nicely in the front garden.

There are some tall peas which Mike will enjoy, being taller the crop will be bigger for the space I can provide - a win win for Mike. Some little cabbage seeds bought in France, these look suitable for making coleslaw with in the Summer so I will definitely be trying these. I'm looking forward to meals in the garden this year.

There are also some Drunken Woman lettuce seeds which have amused some people no end I can tell you. In particular Mike, I was telling him about the seeds I received just as we were walking out of Tesco, just as I mentioned the variety of lettuce seeds I pushed the trolley over a bump, the bottle of gin in there clunked rather loudly against a bottle of sherry. The awful man laughed extremely loudly, a little too loudly for my liking, I nearly stopped him from going fishing today! However with Mike out fishing it means I can watch Miss Marple this morning & Marple this afternoon. The gin has not been opened & probably wont be (work depending for a few days) I will however be partaking in a glass of sherry this afternoon.

Back to seedy penpal I was over the moon with the seeds I received from Wendy they truly were a lovely selection. I am extremely late in sending mine out , they will be posted tomorrow.  I had to wait a for my seed order to be delivered as I had selected some new packets to go with mine. I have been feeling slightly guilty about the lateness &am feeling rather happy now I can send it out.

Enjoy your day

Source: awholeplotoflove.blogspot.co.uk